College of Public Speaking Courses and Presentation Skills Training London Google SERP Rank Improved by Twitter? For terms such as “public speaking courses london” and “public speaking course london”
Today Vince Stevenson of the College of Public Speaking website claims that targeting the term “Public Speaking Courses and Presentation Skills Training London” on Twitter has caused a dramatic increase in the site’s Google Rank. Vince Stevenson also claims that this has saved him £200 per month on PPC cost and that his phone is ringing off the hook. I interviewed Vince Stevenson here just a few weeks ago and Vincent was so pleased he tweeted me.
@MurrayNewlands Why public speaking sucks and how Twitter has improved my web rankings. Rgds Vince http://bit.ly/uqbOF
You can read his full article here.
The use of Twitter to improve your page rank is refuted by many SEO experts. Yes, in your Twitter profile you get a link to your website. You can also add links to your site in your tweets and these may be picked up and carried across unknown sites, especially if they are retweeed.
Will this really have an effect on your Google SERPS Rank- my initial thought was I doubt it. While Twitter has made some recent updates to how its profiles rank on Google, these page rank advantages are for the Twitter profile and do not carry over into the website page rank.
Links on Twitter just don’t have the same power or value that links to other blogs or websites have. A recent post from SourceSqr had this to say:
“…[the] more people replying your or retweeting your tweets, “better the chance that your backlinks are going to count”… Google seems [to be] only indexing a few pages on a given twitter profile page, so that your backlink(s) only count if your reference(s) so happen on the first few pages of particular person’s twitter page while the search engine spiders were crawling those pages.”
If I read that right, it seems to say that the links on Twitter count as backlinks if they happen to be on your first few pages when the “search engine spiders” are crawling through your part of the web. If that is accurate, it’s all a matter of timing, or of just flooding your page with links all the time and hoping they get retweeted. It would also mean that the links on your Twitter page only count while they are fresh and don’t have a lasting impact on your Google PageRank.
But if more people are finding out about his site and searching for it in Google, will this lead to Google preferring his site and so increasing its Google SERP Rank?
Do you have experience of SERP increase with Twitter? Do you think it made the difference for the College of Public Speaking or do you think that there would have been a different reason for their rise in position for the terms Public Speaking Courses and Presentation Skills Training London? For terms such as “public speaking courses london” and “public speaking course london”
5 comments on “College of Public Speaking Courses and Presentation Skills Training London Google SERP Rank Improved by Twitter?”
I try to include my url in each post even if I am shortening the permalink with a service. I am not sure if this has had any advantage but I keep thinking that it has to in some way.
As my article explains, I don’t think it’s Twitter and the embeded URL as such that is causing the pleasant spike in traffic. It’s more about Twitter giving me the opportunity to identify people who have indicated a desire to improve their public speaking and presentation skills. My method is not meant to be intrusive, but purely helpful. If you look at the feedback I receive from many people worldwide, I think it’s a strategy that works. The full article can be found on: http://www.collegeofpublicspeaking.co.uk/How_Twitter_Has_Improved_My_Web_Rankings.html Rgds Vince
We have adopted a similar strategy ourselves and the early indications are that it works.
There are two things that are more difficult than making a presentation: climbing a wall which is leaning towards you and kissing your wife who is leaning a way from you.
In a recent survey, 52% of presenters said they begin their business presentations with a humorous story. The remaining 48% where too nervous to answer the question. You have about 5 seconds in which to make a positive impact so make sure you have a good one and rehearse it to death. And remember there are only two things that are more difficult than making a presentation: climbing a wall which is leaning towards you and kissing your wife who is leaning a way from you.
Comments are closed.